MOC the Rainbow

I was having a conversation with Matty about camouflage in Lego. The conclusion was reached, that for the most part, camouflage is something best not attempted. I had discovered this firsthand when building my Tiger II, which Matty featured a few blag poasts back. A couple of Lego models have stood out to me as successful in application of camouflage, the most recent of which:

Lego Cat

Suitable for winter combat, I see. Seasonal, I like it.

But all too often My Own Creators settle for the easy pallets palates palettes , the available, the been-done. Grey grey grey grey, and more grey. Each model has its merits (certainly better models than others), but you can only look upon variations of the same killing machine for so long before demanding something with more spunk, more flavour. Slapping some mechwarrior legs on it can alleviate the boredom for a time, but what the Lego's Military sphere needs is color. The following machines of war display both aesthetic funsies as well as color:

Green Tank
Blade Roller

Both Hopeso009 and Lord Dane also demonstrate terrific camera/photoshop ability. Wow!

Emmet and Geoffry, golden edition.

And by color I do not mean tan (or as I say, beige, as I never hesitate to pronounce a soft 'G') because all that is is expensive.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose it is in some cases.

    http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?pg=1&colorID=2&itemID=17756&sz=10&searchSort=P

    But not all, and that was my mistake. Other times it is just difficult to acquire in quantity.

    http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?itemID=10433&colorID=2

    I suppose my point was that building something boring in beige is only slightly more exciting than building something boring in grey.

    ReplyDelete